As a starting point, I’d like you to think of the way that electrical devices have an impact on your daily life. In your mind, take a ‘walk-through’ of a typical morning in your own home, making a note of all the events and activities that involve electrical devices.
- Even before I wake up properly I have usually abused the ‘snooze’ function on my mobile phones integrated alarm.
- I brush my teeth for exactly two minutes thanks to the timer in my electric toothbrush.
- I get my iPad and head downstairs, checking my e-mails and news whilst the kettle boils for my morning tea and breakfast.
- I power up my laptop and check my blog for any new comments and to analyse the traffic.
- If I don’t have any work to concentrate on I ‘ll watch stuff from my sky+ hard drive on the TV whilst surfing the net.
- I usually read something whilst I have my lunch, so I’ll either get back on my iPad or use my kindle depending on what I am reading.