Locate the One-stop Search box at the bottom of the Library home page (http://library.open.ac.uk/). See if you can find some useful articles about cloud computing.
Searching for the terms “Cloud computing” as a single string in the title field, for English articles written between 1979 and the present yielded 784 results. Link to results.
Some of the more interesting articles include:
Go to Google, or another search engine if you prefer, and see if you can locate the following item:
- Above the Clouds: A Berkeley View of Cloud Computing
Spend a few minutes searching, then answer the following questions.
- What sort of document is it and where was it written?
- Where it is available from?
- Can you draw any conclusions from your searching about the quality of this item?
- The article is an academic white paper, a peer-reviewed paper submitted for publication in an academic journal.
- The article is available from UC Berkeley Reliable Adaptive Distributed Systems Laboratory, where it was written and originally published, as well as many online article repositories.
- Judging from the nature of the journal it was published in, the long list of references in the bibliography, and the fact that the article was written and endorsed by a well-known university suggests the article is a very high quality piece of work by the academics listed as the authors.